Saturday 28 August 2010

Pincushionswap

Jeannet organized a pincushionswap and apparently already more than 100 people signed up! It is the first time I join a swap and it promises to be fun! If you want to join in as well, just click on the picture on the right side. Closure date is September 5!

A few weeks ago the postman brought me a book about pentagons: Liesels Fünfecke written by Hilde Klatt and Liesel Niesner; a wonderful variation on the hexagon principle with stunning effects. 

The book is in German but the instructions are clear. I bought it from Lohuis-Tijhuis quiltshop, but you can also order it from the writers themselves. Just click on the links and you will go their websites.

I am planning to make a few pincushion samples with these pentagons, just have to decide on the colors.. 
Cheers, Hilde

2 comments:

  1. lovely idea of a pincushionswap. I'll check it out. Thanks for sharing.
    Lovely book. I started with hexis and am totally hooked on it.
    Can't stop sewing them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing what you will do with the "fuenfecken" book! What a fun idea to do a pincushion swap. Have Helen Amse here at the moment plus her DH. They are on their way back from Europe to Australia. She said to say hi! Cheers Vreni
    PS: Thanks for the vote ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by! I love to hear your comments!